Fully Comprehensive insurance is provided by for all drivers stated on the rental agreement, subject to our terms and conditions.
Under no circumstances can any of the vehicles be covered under your own insurance without prior written consent to do so.
All insured drivers must be between 30 and 70 years of age.
- Hold a current valid British full driving licence and must have held same for at least 2 years.
- Not have been convicted of any of the following motor offences: AC/BA/CD/DD/DR/UT/XX within the last five years or convicted of more than one of the following motor offences in categories CU/IN/LC/MS/MW/PC/PL/SP/TS in the last three years.
- Not have been in more than one accident in the last three years.
- Not have any more than 6 current points on their driving licence.
- Be in physical condition so as to be reasonably considered of driving a performance car safely.
- Not have any mental or physical defect or infirmity or suffers from fits, diabetes or any heart related condition.
- You must look after the vehicle, keys and always use any security device provided with the vehicle.
- Make sure the correct fuel is used.
- Make sure the vehicle oil level is not low (running the car with low oil could damage the car).
- Before returning a vehicle it is your responsibility to make sure you haven’t left any items of value or personal belongings in the vehicle.
- Michael Jansen Supercars liability is limited to a refund of the hire charge.
- No consequential loss liability will be covered. Car hire may be cancelled or re-arranged if;
- The weather is deemed inclement and therefore not suitable for hire by Michael Jansen Supercars, a suitable replacement date will be arranged or your hire will be credited to your account.
- There is a mechanical breakdown of the car, if this occurs and it is feasible to offer an alternative car for the hire we will do so and will reimburse the cost difference for the hire of the substitute vehicle, should we not have another vehicle available or if you choose to not have the replacement offered we will either re-arrange the hire for another day or reimburse you in full for the cost of the hire, Michael Jansen Supercars accept no responsibility or liability for cancellations under these conditions.
- Michael Jansen Supercars retain the right to refuse hire of our vehicles to anyone we deem unsuitable for hire or whom we feel do not fit our criteria for hire or if the hirers age or licence details do not comply with out terms as set out herein.
Use of Vehicle
The hirer may use the vehicle for the purpose of their business and for social domestic and pleasure purposes. The vehicles may not be used for any purposes for which they are not expressly designed. Further, the hirer will not use or permit the vehicles to be used for hire, driving tuition, towing, racing or pace-making, or for competing in any rally, or any other form of motor sport, track days, or for any illegal purpose whatsoever. Allowing a non insured driver to drive our vehicle will result in the loss of your security bond. Aston Hire will also view this as theft of the vehicle and will prosecute without exception in all cases as theft.
In unforeseen circumstances it may become necessary for changes to be made to the hirers booking. This may be the upgrade or downgrade of a vehicle, price adjustment or change of date in the case of dangerous weather.
On cancellation of a booking the following conditions apply:
- 14 to 8 days prior to the hire date the customer is eligible to a 50% refund of the balance of hire.
- 7 to 0 days prior to the hire date the customer is not eligible to a refund and will lose the full balance of hire and deposit.
Excess & Security Deposit
- As a Security Bond
- As payment towards any mechanical damage which is not covered by our Insurers, i.e. tyres, wheels, clutch, gearbox, which was sustained during the hire period, excluding normal wear and tear, due to misuse and abuse.
- As an insurance excess against any accidental damage or loss caused to the vehicle by a third party or the hirer.
- The hirer is liable for the Excess Deposit of £5,000.
Additional charges incurred during hire for excess mileage and, or, petrol reimbursement charges.
The security bond will only ever be fully held if any damages to the vehicle result in an insurance claim, in all other instances the cost of the damage only will be deducted.
Fuel / Refuelling
You will be provided with a full tank of fuel and the vehicle must be returned with a full tank. If, however, this is not the case any reimbursement for fuel will be charged accordingly to our standard fuel charges. Empty: £130, 1/4 Full: £100, 1/2 Full: £75, 3/4 Full: £45. A £10 administration fee is included in this price.
Please note none of our cars may be taken out of the UK without express written permission. Ireland (Eire) is not part of the UK, our cars are also excluded from Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Wight unless by prior arrangement.
Driving licence and counterpart section need to be provided before hire can commence for all named drivers, also Photo ID in the form of a Passport and a utility bill or credit card statement must also be produced as confirmation of ID, these can be sent by registered mail to our offices, they will be photocopied and returned by registered mail, photocopies are acceptable BUT the originals must be produced on the day of hire, failure to do so would cancel the hire. If upon delivery these documents have not been received or viewed by the delivery driver the hire will be cancelled and our cancellation policy will apply.
The mileage allowance is 120 miles for 24 hour, 360 miles for 3 day weekend.
Excess mileage is as per the current Tariff. Returning the car late will incur a cost of £50 per half hour or part thereof without exception.
2 drivers are permitted as standard and 1 additional driver may be added to the rental agreement at the cost of £15 per day provided that the additional named drivers meet the criteria as per our terms & conditions.
Michael Jansen Supercars reserve the right to refuse hire without reason.
Speeding Tickets / Parking Fines
The driver / hirer of the vehicle hereby agrees that he or she shall be liable for all speeding fines and or parking tickets or any other costs or penalties that may be incurred whilst the car is in the position of the hirer or in relation to the manner in which the hirer / driver has driven the car during the hire period.
Late Return Charges
Cars returned later than the agreed time will be charged a late returns charge of £50 every additional 30 minutes.
Congestion charges in London and various other cities has become common practice. The hirer is responsible for paying these charges; failing to do so gives Aston Hire the right to debit the hirer’s credit card for any congestion charges incurred.
Smoking in Vehicles
Smoking in our cars is extremely forbidden and any indication will result in the full loss of your Security Bond.
Damage Wear & Tear
All damage to our cars whilst in the custody of the hirer however they arise will be the responsibility of the hirer and Michael Jansen Supercars will charge for the cost of the repairs against the Security Bond held against the hire up to the value of the security bond, if requested Michael Jansen Supercars will provide a quotation for the works from the car manufacturers repair specialist. Any excess wear to the car tyres will be charged at a pro rata rate for the cost of replacing the tyres, Michael Jansen Supercars will provide details of these Charges should they apply, these charges also extend to unreasonable wear and tear on any other part of the car. Vehicles are only fully inspected once returned to our premises, this is due to dirty vehicles / bad light which hamper a full inspection at the clients address, any damage discovered once we have cleaned the vehicle will then be charged, Michael Jansen Supercars are not limited to noting the damage at the time of pickup of the vehicle for the reasons set out in this clause.
Michael Jansen Supercars have the right to hold the hirers security bond until any repairs or insurance claims have been settled. In cases of extensive damage the hirer will lose the full security bond.
Accident / Mechanical Difficulties / Theft
In the case of the breakdown or mechanical problems you must contact Michael Jansen Supercars immediately. No repairs or replacement vehicle are allowed without permission from Michael Jansen Supercars.
If you are involved in an accident or the vehicle is stolen you MUST contact the local police and Michael Jansen Supercars immediately. Please keep a copy of all relevant documents you are asked to complete.
Vehicle Break Down
In the event that a vehicle breaks down or is damaged and not drivable, Michael Jansen Supercars will if possible provide a replacement vehicle. If a suitable replacement is not available at the time of break down then the hire will be terminated and Michael Jansen Supercars will recover the vehicle. An alternative date for the hire will be offered or a credit for the remaining days will be issued.